[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Dear friends,

Habib

 Information systems security is an extremely vast subject, and there are a
wealth of material out there covering all sorts of security aspects, I'm
sure you can spend a whole year out and still not cover everything :)
what I'm saying is if you have a more specific area in mind, it'll be of
greater help to us in providing you with references.

  for a start, there are some good books on cryptography and security which
you can look at, i particularly like Applied Cryptography by Bruce Schneier
(2nd edition latest) for cryptography and authentication protocols. Maybe
someone can suggest another more related to management of network security,
i still havent found a good book on that particular area.. also, there's a
good Firewalls FAQ at
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/firewalls-faq/faq.htm
which includes some refs to printed material.

  Enjoy..

regards,
Farez

Alfarez Abdul-Rahman, Dept of Computer Science, University College London
F.AbdulRahman@cs.ucl.ac.uk   http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/F.AbdulRahman/